Job Opening: Academy of Medicine of Cincinnati Executive Director
The Academy of Medicine of Cincinnati (AOM) exists to serve physicians of the Greater Cincinnati region. The Academy’s mission is to improve the practice of medicine in Southwest Ohio through education, advocacy, and empowerment of physicians, residents, and medical students.
The Academy of Medicine of Cincinnati is a 501(c)(6) Not for Profit professional association located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and has over 650 current members.
Additional information about the Academy of Cincinnati can be found at www.academyofmedicine.org
This Executive Director position provides strategic leadership, direction, and management for the affairs of the Academy.
- Manages the internal operations, staff, and budget of the AOM
- Oversees development and delivery of member services
- Works with physicians and physician groups to maximize the value of membership and develop membership growth strategies
- Works with the AOM Council to create and implement AOM strategic goals and continuously striving for improved governance, risk management, and compliance
- Supervises AOM outreach activities including, but not limited to, advocacy, education, wellness, and partner relations
- Supervises direct reports and oversees day-to-day operations
- Organizes and attends all meetings, conference calls of the AOM Council and related committees. Develops member communication and outreach through social media/newsletters
- Develops AOM priorities, agendas, and reference materials (e.g. committee grids/rosters, correspondence and reports, and supporting materials)
- Draft/reviews meeting minutes and tracks progress on strategic action steps
- Serves as primary professional staff liaison to committees and outside organizations
- Organizes and oversees specialty medical societies supported by AOM
Required Skills and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Master's degree or five years of relevant experience preferred
- Minimum of five years business experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong marketing skills and experience with outreach and communication with physicians and physician groups is desired
- Demonstrated competency with database management, social media, website management, and other online platforms